Come to a free assessment in our heated pool, your child needs to be able to swim 15 meters to join our Swim Saver course.
- Duration: 30 minutes
- You need to come twice a week to get the fitness of swimming 5 different strokes
- Achievements: Royal Life Saving Certificate Active IV
- Classes of max. 6 children
Book with us for 10 weeks and benefit from:
- A free digital underwater Photo including a Airlie Beach Swim Centre Memory Certificate with Water Safety Rules
- Royal Life Saving Swim and Survive Certificate
- Half price for third sibling and more
- If your child is sick, make up classes are available on a different day of the booked week.
- Become an Airlie Beach Aquatic Reef Club Member and receive benefits regarding holiday day camps, learn to swim, mini squad, triathlon competitions, Holiday Day Camp
Special bonus within a 10-week-course: Our Water Safety Week
Our Water Safety Week is a special week included in our 10-week-courses (in week 9) which is open to the whole family: parents, siblings, grandparents and friends are welcomed to join us in learning about the possible risks in and around the water and ways to handle dangerous situations. Constantly further developed, we offer a safety lesson which is on highest standard. Adjusted to the children’s abilities and the courses we offer, it is another layer of being safer in and around water. There are many important rules for correct behaviour, we want to teach the whole community. We provide further knowledge to parents and children about the awareness of dangers that can occur around water, survival knowledge and basic rescue skills anyone needs to learn.
About the swim saver for kids
Swim Saver Students become confident swimmers and are able to swim 50 meters in breaststroke, backstroke, freestyle and survival skills strokes.
Being able to swim is a life skill, which you will never forget once you are a confident swimmer. What is a confident swimmer? A confident swimmer is able to swim freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke for 50 meters which gives you enough survival skills to fall overboard and to cope with the waves. The freestyle skill is to be used for breathing while the backstroke enables you to relax and regain energy. Breaststroke is the most energy efficient stroke as you are able to tread water for hours. Being able to swim 50 meters in one swim stroke means swimming and staying above water only for a couple of minutes, surely not for longer than 2 minutes. As a mum with two children it scares me as two minutes is not a long time. If children are able to combine those three strokes, they are able to stay above water for a longer time. It is in my best interest to get your children that layer of confidence installed. By coming twice a week children will get the necessary confidence, strength and coordination.
Another layer of being a Swim Saver in and around water is our Water Safety Week, in which we want to approach the whole family including siblings. Bring them along, there is always something to learn about being safer around water.
Water Safety Week learn about the dangers around and in the water. Get a Swim and Survive Certificate Active 4 from the Royal Life Savings.
There are a lot of measures even the young ones can understand and learn:
- Danger: Learn not to jump in to rescue anyone
- Response: Learn to respond without putting you extra in danger!
- Send Call for help
Learn what you can do in that situation, we try to give awareness and to make them think independently what they can do without putting anyone else or themselves at danger!