- Private lessons, special attention
- Duration of classes available 20 or 30 minutes
- Royal Life Saving Certification depending on child´s abilities
Book with us for 10 weeks and benefit from:
- A free digital underwater Photo including an Airlie Beach Swim Centre Memory Certificate with Water Safety Rules
- Royal Life Saving Swim and Survive Certificate
- Half price for third sibling and more
- If your child is sick, make up classes are available on a different day of the booked week.
- Become an Airlie Beach Aquatic Reef Club Member and receive benefits regarding holiday day camps, learn to swim, mini squad, triathlon competitions, Holiday Day Camp
Special bonus within a 10-week-course: Our Water Safety Week
Our Water Safety Week is a special week included in our 10-week-courses (in week 9) which is open to the whole family: parents, siblings, grandparents and friends are welcomed to join us in learning about the possible risks in and around the water and ways to handle dangerous situations. Constantly further developed, we offer a safety lesson which is on highest standard. Adjusted to the children’s abilities and the courses we offer, it is another layer of being safer in and around water. There are many important rules for correct behaviour, we want to teach the whole community. We provide further knowledge to parents and children about the awareness of dangers that can occur around water, survival knowledge and basic rescue skills anyone needs to learn.
About our private swimming lessons
As a special service for every child we offer private swimming lessons for kids. So your child can get every attention it needs to learn swimming easy and with a lot of fun. If your child is 2 years of age, it does not need to focus on one thing for 10 minutes, we are certified instructors who are able to make a lessons playful and fun. We aim at combining learning and having fun at the same time. We recommend for children under the age of five coming twice a week as the child’s memory takes longer to progress tasks. To get the fitness and instil confidence are major targets of our training. Usually, it takes about 25 swimming lessons for the children to be able to swim and survive.
Twice a week swimming lessons are discounted because we can work with your child towards the best outcome. We offer 20 minute lessons or 30 minute lessons. Come for a free trial lesson and let us convince you!
What do I need to bring to the class?
- A towel for your child
- Swimsuit or swimming trunks
- If necessary waterproof nappies – waterproof nappies come in various sizes and can be purchased at the pool
- Appropriate dry clothing for after the lesson. Warm clothes in winter!
- Food – swimming makes hungry. We have a microwave and a fridge you can use to store or prepare food.
Private swimming lessons under 5 Years of Age
Our trainers at the Airlie Beach Swim Centre are approaching children under 5 years of age in different ways: We adjust to the child’s ability of coordination, physical and psychological abilities. We have developed a training program which aims for a fast outcome, namely the ability to swim 15 metres on the front and back, to feel confident and not afraid in the water and, most important, to survive.Thanks to our program your children will be able to reach those abilities earlier. It doesn’t make sense to teach a child a 100% Olympic Stroke if it has not the above-mentioned abilities.
As we are Royal Life Saving Trainers it is in our highest interest to teach your child to be safer around water and swim and survive. We are not interested to teach them 6 meters of perfect Olympic freestyle and then drown! There are other milestones that need to be addressed first.
There are a lot of measures even the young ones can understand and learn:
- Danger: Learn not to jump in to rescue anyone
- Response: Learn to respond without putting you extra in danger!
- Send: Call for help
Learn what you can do in that situation, we try to give awareness and to make them think independently what they can do without putting anyone else or themselves at danger!
Ask us about it – we gladly give you detailed information on our program and how it works!
Check out our reviews on Facebook for Private Swimming Lessons
Submit your review