- Ability to swim 25 metres
- 1 lesson of 45 minutes (twice a week is strongly recommended)
- Special: Twice a week for 45 minutes
- Max: 6 children
Mini Squad and Squad – Book with us for 10 weeks and benefit from:
- A free digital underwater Photo including an Airlie Beach Swim Centre Memory Certificate with Water Safety Rules
- Royal Life Saving Swim and Survive Certificate
- Half price for third sibling and more
- If your child is sick, make up classes are available on a different day of the booked week.
- Become an Airlie Beach Aquatic Reef Club Member and receive benefits regarding holiday day camps, learn to swim, mini squad, triathlon competitions, Holiday Day Camp
Special bonus within a 10-week-course: Our Water Safety Week
Our Water Safety Week is a special week included in our 10-week-courses (in week 9) which is open to the whole family: parents, siblings, grandparents and friends are welcomed to join us in learning about the possible risks in and around the water and ways to handle dangerous situations. Constantly further developed, we offer a safety lesson which is on highest standard. Adjusted to the children’s abilities and the courses we offer, it is another layer of being safer in and around water. There are many important rules for correct behaviour, we want to teach the whole community. We provide further knowledge to parents and children about the awareness of dangers that can occur around water, survival knowledge and basic rescue skills anyone needs to learn.
Our Mini Squad & Squad:
Our Mini Squad and Squad lessons teach your children how to interact in groups and to achieve something together. For the life in Australia it is a key ability to swim, to snorkle and to survive in the water. We teach these abilities with fun and in a child friendly way.
The Airlie Beach Swim Centre offers a Mini Squad and a Squad Training. We don’t believe in a minimum age to start exercising. Instead it is a prerequisite for every child that wants to be in our mini squad or squad that it is able to swim 25 metres. Usually, children from 4 years on are able to achieve this goal. With 8 years or older, children can start or change into our squad training.
Our Mini Squad and Squad is developed to maintain strength, apply stroke corrections and to keep the fun. Our Squad Training has been quite successful through the years. Airlie Beach Swim Centre doesn’t recommend to exhaust a child before they approach 10 years of age.There are more important milestones to achieve than chasing up and down on the black lanes. We keep our lessons creative and fun. We train the reflexes, body strength, coordinations and teamwork. Learning to snorkel is another target of ours. We also train and support children for special swim and sporting events. Water is a great benefit towards cardio fitness and provides relief of muscular tensions and growing pain. If your child wants to be a swim champion, we’ll get your child into the right mental mindset and follow professional coaching rules.
There are a lot of measures even the young ones can understand and learn:
- Danger: Learn not to jump in to rescue anyone
- Response: Learn to respond without putting you extra in danger!
- Send: Call for help
Learn what you can do in that situation, we try to give awareness and to make them think independently what they can do without putting anyone else or themselves at danger!