Pool Lifeguard Course
The current minimum industry requirement for employment as a Pool Lifeguard at a Swimming Pool or Aquatic Facility is the Royal Life Saving Pool Lifeguard qualification. The Pool Lifeguard course is conducted over three days (two days for those who hold a RLSS Bronze Medallion). Participants must have current HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Statement of Attainment to enrol into this course. This course aims to develop acceptable standards of knowledge, judgement and physical abilities for the supervision of people in swimming pools and involves practical applications as well as a theory exam. Upon successful completion participants will receive the following Statement of Attainments:
- Pre-requisite: Participants must have current certification in First Aid – HLTAID003 – in order to enrol.
- Course duration: 1 day
- Valid: 1 year
- Minimum age: 16 years
Participants are expected to have experience around the water and have good swimming ability to perform water rescues. Course participants need to perform:
1. A 25 metre swim and then tow the non-swimmer 25 metres to safety in less than 1 minute and 45 seconds;
2. Swim 200 metres continuously in under six minutes; and
3. Spinal immobilisation using a Spine Board and head blocks.
If you’ve never completed this course before, or your certificate has expired, you are ineligible to undertake this Pool Lifeguard re-accreditation course.
Incorporating the Units of Competence:
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- SISCAQU002 Perform Basic Water Rescues
- SISCAQU006 Supervise Clients at an Aquatic Facility or Environment
- SISCAQU007 Perform Advanced Water Rescues
- PUAEME003C Administer Oxygen in an Emergency Situation
- PUAEME001B Provide Emergency Care
September Full Course
Friday 20(9 am to 2 pm), Saturday 21 (9 am to 5 pm) and Sunday 22 September 2019 (9 am to 5 pm)
Full Course Price: $325
Course Nr 996910
Friday 6th of December 1:00 pm- 7 pm
Sunday 19th of January 9 am- 5 pm