Swim Australia Teacher for Babies and Toddlers
What a joyful and rewarding job it is, become a Swim Australia Teacher.
Learn how to teach swimming lessons. Prevent drowning by teaching children to swim and survive. Swim Australia Teachers are international recognised.
Choose to enrol in any of the three entry level courses to get started on an exciting new career. Or, if you already have the skills and knowledge, apply for recognition of current competency (RCC).
A Swim Australia™ Teacher (SAT) has the competence and knowledge to teach swimming and water safety to independent learners in groups of varying sizes. Successful Students of this course will gain a Statement of Attainment with the competencies required to deliver GST free, water related, personal safety and survival lessons.”
- Where: Airlie Beach Swim Centre, 2583 Shute Harbour Road, JUBILEE POCKET
- When: 15th of December 11:15 am – 5 pm
- Early bookings are with 1-month advance notice
- Cost for Swim Teacher Babies & Toddlers $285 early bookings $270
Contact us for further information.
Please note: course enrolments close one week prior to the Practical Induction course commencement date to allow for pre-course self-paced learning and observation of swimming and water safety lessons.
The cost covers:
• Online Theory
• Course attendance
• ASCTA General membership • refreshment breaks
• accreditation valid for 3 years
• pool entry
• Living with Water DVD • Statement of Attainment
• insurance cover from enrollment up to 28 days after course requirements completed
Students who successfully complete all Swim Australia™ Teacher requirements are issued with a Statement of Attainment with the following competency from the Community Recreation Industry Training Package:
SISCAQU011 – Promote development of infants and toddlers in an aquatic environment.
Go to www.training.gov.au for more information on the competency listed.
Students should go to www.ascta.com/Student-Course-Handbook to read the ASCTA Course Student Handbook before undertaking the course.
Course Student Insurance is provided whilst undertaking course components. The insurance provided as part of your course enrolment will cease once any of the following occur:
• it is 12 months after your practical induction and you have not been assessed as competent • you receive payment (other than as a Trainee) • 28 days after the date of a satisfactory competency assessment
Personal Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance can be purchased through ASCTA for as little as $82 per annum. Complete and return the Membership and Insurance Application or contact the ASCTA Insurance Brokers, AIA on 1800 277 624 for assistance in obtaining the correct insurance cover.