BRONZE MEDALLION COURSE
Royal Life Saving Society Queensland Inc RTO 5431
CPR : Friday 22nd of January CPR 1-4pm
Bronze Course: Saturday 23rd of January 11-6.30 pm
How to enrol:
Please cut and paste the course ID in the following link to your web browser: click here: https://www.lifesavingtraining.com.au/in-house-course-search/
Course cost: $189 includes CPR THE DAY BEFORE
There is prior online learning required before doing the course. Course material and Bronze Medallion Course Books will be sent to your address.
Please book early enough so you have the time to study and you receive your learning material prior to the course
Please read below about your fitness requirements you need to pass the course.
Royal Life Saving Society Queensland Inc RTO 5431 Bronze Medallion
Royal Life Saving Society Queensland Inc RTO 5431 Bronze Medallion is recognised as the minimum standard for a qualified lifesaver. This award also increases employment opportunities with many pools and aquatic centres as they require employees who conduct aquatic programs to have their Bronze Medallion.
This course will enhance your personal survival skills while providing you with the knowledge and skills to develop the level of judgement, technique and physical ability required to safely carry out water rescues.
The Bronze Medallion course offers a nationally recognised certification and has flexible delivery options to meet the needs of schools and groups. Please request what your groups need. Call us for enquiries.
A medium level of aquatic fitness is required for some practical components of the Bronze Medallion.
Safe water practices; survival in the water; self-preservation; recognising an emergency; assessment before and during a rescue; priorities for rescue; CPR theory; acceptance of responsibility; use of bystanders; emergency care and contacting emergency services.
- Resuscitation: Demonstrate effective CPR
- Swim: Swim 400 metres continuously within 13 minutes. 100m freestyle, 100m breaststroke, 100m survival backstroke, 100m sidestroke.
- Timed Tow: Swim 50 metres, then tow a patient 50m within 3 min 15 sec.
- Survival and Rescue Skills: Demonstrate a range of survival techniques and appropriate rescues for a range of different aquatic environments and scenarios.
- Spinal Injuries: Basic management of a suspected spinal injury in shallow water.
- Rescue Initiative: Demonstrate initiative in effecting a rescue of two people who are in difficulty up to 15 metres from safety.
Successful candidates receive a:
- Royal Life Saving Society Queensland Inc RTO 5431 Bronze Medallion certificate (valid for 12 months) and/or
- Royal Life Saving Society Queensland Inc RTO 5431 Resuscitation certificate (valid for 12 months)
A Statement of Attainment for the below Units of Competency from the SIS National Sport, Fitness and Recreation Training Package may be available. It is best to check with your local Royal Life Saving office about whether the course you are interested in is offering the vocational units.
- SISCAQU002 Perform basic water rescues
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation