Book with us for 10 weeks and benefit from:
- A free digital underwater Photo including an Airlie Beach Swim Centre Memory Certificate with Water Safety Rules
- Royal Life Saving Swim and Survive Certificate
- Half price for third sibling and more
- If your child is sick, make up classes are available on a different day of the booked week.
- Become an Airlie Beach Aquatic Reef Club Member and receive benefits regarding holiday day camps, learn to swim, mini squad, triathlon competitions, Holiday Day Camp
Special bonus within a 10-week-course: Our Water Safety Week
Our Water Safety Week is a special week included in our 10-week-courses (in week 9) which is open to the whole family: parents, siblings, grandparents and friends are welcomed to join us in learning about the possible risks in and around the water and ways to handle dangerous situations. Constantly further developed, we offer a safety lesson which is on highest standard. Adjusted to the children’s abilities and the courses we offer, it is another layer of being safer in and around water. There are many important rules for correct behaviour, we want to teach the whole community. We provide further knowledge to parents and children about the awareness of dangers that can occur around water, survival knowledge and basic rescue skills anyone needs to learn.
About Baby swimming
Baby Swimming gives your child the best head start in life! The first three years of age the child’s brain grows the fastest. You and your baby can participate in our baby swimming courses as soon as your baby is 4 months old. By stimulating your baby’s little brain in our water environment with our special exercises, we will give your child the best brain connections to get ready for life. Water helps to improve coordination and balance by forcing babies to move bilaterally to maintain their equilibrium. And, last but not least: It is important to get the social milestones set and to bond with your child. Experiencing the element water together with you helps to strengthen the bond and trust between you and your baby.
Our Parents and Babies swimming lessons are in a heated pool in a safe and professional clean environment. The class duration is 30 minutes. We treat everyone in aur baby swimming courses as individual with individual needs, parents as well as babies. Often, parents are insecure how to handle their baby correctly and safely in the water. We will take you by the hand, explain every step on the way and make sure you enjoy this wonderful experience together with your baby. We only have small baby swimming classes up to 6 babies and parents in the water, so we have the time for you to work together for the best outcome for your child needs.
What do I need to bring to the baby swimming class
- Two towels – one for yourself and one for your baby.
- Waterproof nappies – waterproof nappies come in various sizes and can be purchased at the pool
- Appropriate dry clothing for after the lesson. Warm clothes in winter!
- Food and drinks – swimming makes babies hungry and thirsty so be prepared for a feed immediately after the lesson. We have a microwave and a fridge you can use to store food or prepare food
- Nappy bag, friend, partner or relative with an attitude of fun!
Here more information how beneficial it is to start early
Research has shown numerous benefits for infants who enrol into lessons at a younger age:
- Babies can exercise more muscles in the water as they are less restricted by gravity and their ability to sit or stand
- Swimming improves babies cardiovascular fitness
- Warm water combined with gentle exercise relaxes and stimulates babies appetites
- They usually eat and sleep better on swimming days.
- Learning to swim is not only a fun, healthy activity but a safety measure as well. (Every fortnight in Australia – approximately three children under five years of age drown)
- Cognitive development
- Speech understanding & interaction
- Emotional bonding with parents
- Forms relationship and trust, e.g. towards the teacher
- Playing, having fun, exploring and developing
- Personality developed through Nature (temperament) and Nature (experience)
- Independance and self confidence
- Development of feelings
- Development of good self esteem
Give your child the best head start in life!
Submit your review
I'm very satisfied with the baby lesson program, Miss Annie is a great swim teacher helping babies and toddlers how to swim.
Annie is a great instructor, she handled my child with such care in the water i really cant recommend her enough
Annie is great and thoroughly dedicated, she put my little darling into a baby wetsuit even though the pool is heated and the smiles that Sophie beamed off her little face was something I won't forget. She also showed us water familiarisation and safety for our little one. Really informative! Heres to many more. Thanks, Annie!!!