Our Aqua Rehabilitation classes are specialised to build up your muscles, mobility and fitness. You may find that rehabilitation in the water is one of the best ways to improve your quality of life.
- Goup max: 4
- free entry
- Water Temperature: 32 C
- Start Age 50+
- Government Funding: 3 sessions per adult
- Price for 10 Sessions: $120 included 3 session of funding
- Start 4th of September: Wednesday 11.00am /11.30am
- Start 7th and 10th of October: Monday & Thursdays 6.45pm
- Enrolement by phone via appointment: Call Miss Annie on 0404677400
Our Pool is heated up to 32 degrees, the perfect warmth, so your muscles are able to warm up, relax and improve them without putting any pressure on your joints and bones. Our Ozone Sanitaziser Filter System, is the safest and healiest way to be in the water.
In your best interest, we treat everyone as individual in our classes. We keep the classes small (max 4 people) so we can focus on the persons who have different abilities and make them aware of proper movements and muscle activations in the way that they need.
The Benefits of Aquatic Rehabilitation
Patients participating in aquatic therapy can expect the following benefits:
- Increase in joint flexibility. Buoyancy offers a tremendous advantage because it reduces the effects of gravity allowing for an increased joint range of motion. Your affected body part will float, making it easier and less painful to move. The warm water also helps to relax muscles that are sore or tight.
- Increase in muscle strength. Water is 600-700 times more resistive than air which allows for strengthening of weakened muscles. Water resists rapid movement so equipment with an increased surface area is used to increase strength in the pool.
- A decrease in pain. Immersion in warm water increases an individual’s comfort, by increasing blood supply to sore muscles and promoting relaxation. Weight relief to weakened body structures also creates additional comfort.
- A decrease in abnormal tone, spasticity, and rigidity. Water temperatures above 32 degrees in conjunction with hands-on techniques are effective in creating a neutral warmth that reduces increased tone due to a neurological injury.
- Improved balance. The uniform pressure of the water along with buoyancy provides support to your body which allows you increased time to react without the fear of falling or getting hurt.
Our aquatic rehabilitation program consists of supervised exercises performed in the water. Swimming is not a prerequisite skill. Patients can perform each exercise while standing in the water, holding onto the side of the pool, or using a flotation device. The water provides a safe and effective method for healing injuries, restoring patient confidence, and increasing mobility with each completed exercise. The Benefits of Aquatic Rehab
Submit your review